We are YOU. We are everyone. We are the ones who care about you. We are a peaceful, nonviolent movement.
Occupy Sydney is here to protest and fight the abuse, repression and infiltration by the Corporate Elite in solidarity with our brothers and sisters around the country and indeed, the world.
Our financial system should not be in the hands of private organisations or cartels. It belongs to us, the people. It is time to TAKE BACK WHAT IS OURS. THIS IS OUR COUNTRY, OUR MONEY.
We gather together in solidarity to exercise our human right to freedom of peaceful protest and freedom to peacefully assemble. We will not be intimidated.
We welcome support and unity from our fellow citizens across the nation and the world.
• We are the 99% of humanity. We are the human class. This is bigger than class politics and political factionalism.
• We seek the disempowering of Corporate Criminals, the 1% Global Elite. We hold them accountable for their crimes against humanity and the Earth.
• The Banksters, the Reserve Banks, the International Monetary Fund, oil companies, major media houses, and governments who are puppets to these fraudsters, have proved to be the enemy of humanity and the Earth.
Our Enemy, 1% Elite:
• They orchestrated the Global Financial Crisis and are profiting from it (while people lose their jobs, face wage cuts, and lose their homes).
• They fund both sides of war and profit from it (while our brothers and sisters die).
• They destroy the Earth environmentally and profit from it.
• They control our media and the information we can access.
• They see YOU and I as mere masses to control, experiment on, refuse rights to and repress.
Macquarie Bank (the bank that swallowed Sydney)
State Liberals (for their new anti-worker laws)
This is about NOW and any chance of legitimate human liberty for our future in Australia and globally.
WAYS TO HELP
1. Get down to the occupation site on the 15th October and peacefully participate.
2. Post any talents or interests you have that may be needed and of use.
3. Stay informed, find out what is happening on Wall Street through www.occupywallst.org and locally through the array of pages on Twitter.
5. Do NOT depend on major media outlets. They’re already blocking us, presenting misinformation or not sharing information at all.
4. Just spreading the word helps. There has been a huge media blackout that others are just beginning to shine some light on.
5. Make and bring banners, flags, megaphones, musical instruments, blankets, tents, food, water, peace, love, an informed attitude, family and friends, work colleagues, sports teams, unions, church / synagogue / mosque / temple family, surf clubs, political party members, activist groups, charity organisations etc. Remain anonymous or be yourself.
WE ARE THE 99%. WE ARE YOU.
Plan: Meet outside the Reserve Bank, corner Macquarie St and Martin Pl, City. Conduct our protest peacefully. We can always move toward Hyde Park. Remember - represent the cause and yourself with respect, peace and openness. Camp family environment.
******* WHAT YOU WILL NOT SEE FROM US *******
No requests for donations.
We exist solely to organise and increase awareness for this cause.
We acknowledge the Traditional indigenous Eora peoples' custodianship of the land upon which we now live and work – the place the world knows as Sydney – and the genocide perpetrated against that people by the colonists from whose occupation the current governments claimed right to govern descends. We also acknowledge that such #humanrights crimes of genocide continue to be committed against aboriginal peoples across Australia today- in particular the Northern Territory Intervention, a racist bilaterally supported denial of #humanrights and cultural genocide which continues today.
Please email us at OccupySydney@hotmail.com if this page is hacked or deactivated.
News source link
|Organized by:: ||Occupy Sydney|
|Event URL: ||https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=122116297893189&ref=ts|